2493 Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages teach classes in English to students whose first language is a language other than English.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- assessing the extent of language difficulties in students for whom English is a second language
- teaching students individually and in small groups out of the regular classroom, and assisting students within normal classroom settings
- teaching students English language skills using a variety of methods including lecture and visual demonstration
- providing assistance to other classroom teachers by designing special teaching programs for students with English language difficulties
- designing and producing teaching materials and adapting existing materials
- preparing course outlines and goals
- assigning lessons, correcting homework, and preparing and grading exams
- analysing, recording and reporting progress to regular classroom teachers, parents and students
- 249311 Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages
249311 Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- English as a Second Language Teacher
Teaches classes in English to students whose first language is a language other than English.
Skill Level: 1