1413 Hotel and Motel Managers
Hotel and Motel Managers organise and control the operations of hotels and motels to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- supervising security arrangements, and garden and property maintenance
- planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities
- observing liquor, gaming, and other laws and regulations
- assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction
- overseeing accounting and purchasing activities
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- may provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation
- 141311 Hotel or Motel Manager
141311 Hotel or Motel Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a hotel or motel to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
- Duty Manager (Hotel)
- Resort Manager