14 Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers
Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers organise and control the operations of establishments which provide accommodation, hospitality, retail and other services.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and organising special functions, sporting, gaming and entertainment activities and the range and mix of products, stock levels and service standards
- promoting and selling goods and services
- observing liquor, gaming, health and other laws and regulations
- developing and reviewing policies, programs and procedures concerning customer relations and goods and services provided
- promoting facilities, conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel, and transporting goods
- controlling the selection, training and supervision of staff
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations