1411 Cafe and Restaurant Managers
Cafe and Restaurant Managers organise and control the operations of cafes, restaurants and related establishments to provide dining and catering services.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning menus in consultation with Chefs
- planning and organising special functions
- arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- ensuring dining facilities comply with health regulations and are clean, functional and of suitable appearance
- conferring with customers to assess their satisfaction with meals and service
- selecting, training and supervising waiting and kitchen staff
- may take reservations, greet guests and assist in taking orders
- 141111 Cafe or Restaurant Manager
141111 Cafe or Restaurant Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a cafe, restaurant or related establishment to provide dining and catering services.
Note: Fast Food Managers are excluded from this occupation. Fast Food Managers are included in Occupation 142111 Retail Manager (General).
Skill Level: 2
- Bistro Manager
- Canteen Manager
- Internet Cafe Manager