1325 Research and Development Managers
Research and Development Managers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate research and development activities within organisations.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing and monitoring research and development strategies, policies and plans
- developing and implementing research projects, priorities and targets to support commercial and policy developments
- leading major research projects and coordinating activities of other research workers
- assessing the benefits and monitoring the costs and effectiveness of research and development activities
- interpreting results of research projects and recommending associated product and service development innovations
- providing advice on research and development options available to the organisation
- monitoring leading-edge developments in relevant disciplines and assessing implications for the organisation
- may publish results of significant research projects
- 132511 Research and Development Manager
132511 Research and Development Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates research and development activities within an organisation.
Skill Level: 1