- Care should be exercised when focusing on the most recent movements in payroll jobs and wages. For more information, please see the Data Limitations and Related Revisions technical note. Weekly change data are available in the Data downloads section.
High level analysis suggests that there were approximately 520 000 fewer payroll jobs in STP-enabled businesses on 8 August 2020 than on 14 March 2020.
Key COVID-19 dates:
- 22 March: Prime Minister announces Stage 2 lock down changes, which are progressively implemented
- 30 March: Prime Minister announces JobKeeper program
- 8 July: Stay at Home restrictions commence for metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
- 12 July: Early Childhood Education and Care Relief Package ceased
- 20 July: Altered eligibility for JobKeeper payments for child care providers in place
- 5 August: Stage 4 restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne and stage 3 restrictions in regional Victoria commence