The February release of Business Conditions and Sentiments includes data on changes in revenue, operating expenses and number of employees in January and February. This publication was previously named Business Indicators, Business Impacts of COVID-19.
In responding to the survey, businesses are asked to provide a best estimate only, without accessing records or reports.
The survey was conducted through a telephone based survey between 10 February and 17 February. Victoria and Western Australia were affected by government imposed restrictions during this collection period:
- Western Australia had lifted most of the government imposed restrictions by 5 February, but some rules such as mask wearing and travel restrictions were maintained until 12:01am on 14 February.
- Victoria announced on 12 February that stage 4 government imposed restrictions would take effect from 11:59pm.
Business size categories used in this release:
- Small (0-19 persons employed);
- Medium (20-199 persons employed); and
- Large (200 or more persons employed).
For information on survey sample, response rates and the questionnaire, see Methodology.