Business Conditions and Sentiments
In June, 27% of businesses reported having difficulty finding suitable staff to fill jobs.
Almost one in five (19%) businesses did not have enough staff based on current operations.
Nearly a quarter (23%) of businesses expect to increase staff numbers over the next three months.
Business Indicators, Australia
Current price estimates for the March quarter 2021:
- Company gross operating profits fell 0.3% seasonally adjusted
- Wages and salaries rose 2.0% seasonally adjusted
Chain volume estimates for the March quarter 2021:
- Inventories rose 2.1% seasonally adjusted
Private New Capital Expenditure and Expected Expenditure, Australia
- Total new capital expenditure rose by 6.3%
- Buildings and structures rose by 3.8%
- Equipment, plant and machinery rose by 9.1%
- Estimate 2 for 2021-22 is $113,635m. This is 7.9% higher than Estimate 1 for 2021-22
Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits
At June 30 2020 there were 2,422,404 actively trading businesses in the Australian economy.
In 2019-20 there was a:
- 2.0%, or 46,651, increase in the number of businesses.
- 14.5% entry rate, with 344,472 entries.
- 12.5% exit rate, with 297,821 exits.