Business Indicators, Business Impacts of COVID-19
- In December, 25% of businesses reported increased revenue over the last month.
- One in five (21%) employing businesses reported they were having difficulty finding suitably skilled staff.
- Two thirds (65%) of medium and large employing businesses plan to employ staff over the next three months.
Business Indicators, Australia
Current price estimates for the September quarter 2020:
- Company gross operating profits rose 3.2% seasonally adjusted
- Wages and salaries rose 2.4% seasonally adjusted
Chain volume estimates for the September quarter 2020:
- Inventories fell 0.5% seasonally adjusted
Private New Capital Expenditure and Expected Expenditure, Australia
- Total new capital expenditure fell by -3.0% in the September quarter 2020.
- Buildings and structures fell by -3.7% in the September quarter 2020.
- Equipment, plant and machinery fell by -2.2% in the September quarter 2020.
- Estimate 4 for 2020-21 is $104,984m. This is 6.3% higher than Estimate 3 for 2020-21.