Business Conditions and Sentiments
- 46% of businesses expect it to be easy or very easy to meet financial commitments over the next three months, compared to 23% in August 2020.
- 29% of businesses are accessing support compared to 73% in May 2020.
- 19% of businesses expect to increase staff numbers over the next three months.
Business Indicators, Australia
Current price estimates for the December quarter 2020:
- Company gross operating profits fell 6.6% seasonally adjusted
- Wages and salaries rose 1.4% seasonally adjusted
Chain volume estimates for the December quarter 2020:
- Inventories remained relatively unchanged this quarter
Private New Capital Expenditure and Expected Expenditure, Australia
- Total new capital expenditure rose by 3.0%.
- Buildings and structures rose by 0.7%.
- Equipment, plant and machinery rose by 5.7%.
- Estimate 1 for 2021-22 is $105,487m. This is 3.4% lower than Estimate 1 for 2020-21.
Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits
At June 30 2020 there were 2,422,404 actively trading businesses in the Australian economy.
In 2019-20 there was a:
- 2.0%, or 46,651, increase in the number of businesses.
- 14.5% entry rate, with 344,472 entries.
- 12.5% exit rate, with 297,821 exits.
July 2016 - June 2020