01 Natural and Physical Sciences
Broad Field 01 Natural and Physical Sciences
Natural and Physical Sciences is the study of all living organisms and inanimate natural objects, through experiment, observation and deduction.
The theoretical content of Broad Field 01 Natural and Physical Sciences includes:
- atmospheric sciences
- biological processes
- chemical reactions
- geological composition and structures
- laboratory methodology
- mathematical and statistical techniques
- observation and measurement
- scientific method
- subatomic particles and quantum mechanics
- thermodynamics and entropy
The main purpose of this broad field of education is to develop an understanding of the workings of the universe, and to extend the body of scientific knowledge.
This broad field comprises the following narrow fields: