4521 Fitness Instructors
Fitness Instructors direct, instruct and guide individuals and groups in the pursuit of physical fitness and wellbeing.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- consulting with various Health Professionals to develop and design fitness programs
- designing individual fitness programs based on assessment of the client's age, level of fitness, goals and abilities
- delivering group exercise classes and personal tuition in a variety of fitness activities in a safe and creative manner
- demonstrating and teaching body movements and skills used in fitness routines
- setting up and monitoring fitness equipment and ensuring that equipment is safe, clean and in working condition
- teaching and advising on the use of fitness equipment
- ensuring clients are aware of and adhere to safety and injury prevention procedures
- reporting accidents and preparing accident reports
- maintaining a working knowledge of current health and safety standards and ensuring working practices and procedures conform to current legislation
- maintaining current first aid certificates
- 452111 Fitness Instructor
452111 Fitness Instructor
Directs, instructs and guides individuals or groups in the pursuit of physical fitness and wellbeing.
Skill Level: 4
- Aerobics Instructor
- Gym Instructor
- Physical Fitness Trainer