4231 Aged and Disabled Carers
Aged and Disabled Carers provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate II or III, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
- accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- assisting clients with their mobility
- preparing food for clients
- arranging social activities
- performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- may do shopping and run errands
- may live in with the person
- 423111 Aged or Disabled Carer
423111 Aged or Disabled Carer
- Aged or Disabled Care Worker
- Personal Carer
- Personal Care Worker
Provides general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged or disabled people in their own homes.
Skill Level: 4 Note: some roles within this occupation are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.