3333 Roof Tilers
ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations
3333 Roof Tilers
Roof Tilers cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- studying drawings, specifications and work sites to determine materials required
- erecting ladders and scaffolds
- placing and securing waterproof sheets over eaves
- nailing and stapling roofing underlay to roofs
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples and nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- sizing and cutting roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- fixing edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar
- slipping roofing material under prefabricated flashing and nailing it down
- caulking and flashing exposed nail heads to prevent leaks
- 333311 Roof Tiler
333311 Roof Tiler
Cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
- Roof Fixer
- Roof Shingler
- Roof Slater