Work in one of our offices
People know us for conducting the Census and Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey, but we do so much more. You can work in a range of challenging and rewarding office based permanent and temporary roles to drive real change. We collect information from tens of thousands of Australian households and businesses about all aspects of life to better understand our population and future needs.
Our people play an important role in setting and promoting best practice statistical standards to help unlock the potential of Australia’s public data.
Results from our surveys are used by all levels of government, industry and community groups to make important decisions, such as how public funds are spent, and where services are needed. These decisions directly affect you, your family and the people you know.
The variety of roles we offer include collecting, analysing and disseminating data, supporting the business in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), finance, human resources, customer services, and the list goes on.
Our offices are located in all capital cities as well as Geelong and Dandenong.
See our ABS Enterprise Agreement for more information regarding pay rates and conditions.
What our staff say (2020 APS Employee Census)
Purpose – we inform Australia’s important decisions:
- 90% ‘believe strongly in the purpose and objectives of my agency’
- 94% said ‘I understand how my role contributes to achieving an outcome for the Australian public.
People – we are diverse, curious, dedicated and passionate:
- 89% agreed that ‘My agency supports and actively promotes an inclusive workplace culture’.
- 82% said ‘I work beyond what is required in my job to help my agency achieve its objectives.’
- 89% said they ‘I feel committed to my agency’s goals’
Place – enhance your career in a modern flexible work environment:
- 92% were ‘satisfied with their non-monetary employment conditions (e.g. leave, flexible work arrangements, other benefits)’
- 88% believed ‘my job gives me opportunities to utilise my skills’.
Partnerships – we collaborate to help drive real change:
- 92% agreed that their team co-operates to get the job done.
Find out more about what our people think of working here.
As a successful applicant you will:
- have passion for informing Australia and its communities
- demonstrate integrity
- be committed to providing effective customer service
- respect all people and their rights, ideas, skillsets and backgrounds
- be accountable for your timelines, tasks and responsibilities
- be innovative, willing to learn and adapt to a transforming environment.
How to apply
Apply for a vacancy or register your interest for future opportunities today by visiting our Current Vacancies web page. Each vacancy notice will provide information on the role, assessment process, application dates and more.
See how we protect your personal information in our Recruitment Privacy Statement.
Phone: 1800 249 583