Gross Value of Irrigated Agricultural Production
In 2017-18, total Gross Value of Irrigated Agricultural Production (GVIAP) increased to $17.7 billion (up 14%).
The four commodities with the highest GVIAP were:
- Fruit and nuts (excluding grapes) at $4.2 billion (up 20%)
- Vegetables at $3.4 billion (up 3%)
- Cotton at $2.3 billion (up 52%); and
- Dairy products at $2.2 billion (up 37%).
Combined, these four commodities accounted for 69% of total GVIAP for the 2017-18 year.
- Cotton lint only
The states with the highest values of GVIAP:
- Victoria ($4.9 billion)
- Queensland ($4.5 billion) and
- New South Wales ($4.4 billion).
GVIAP for the Murray Darling Basin region increased 20% to $8.6 billion.