Sugarcane, experimental regional estimates using new data sources and methods
- 31.1 million tonnes of sugarcane were produced in 2020.
- 355 thousand hectares were harvested for sugarcane milling.
- 3,830 sugarcane businesses produced sugarcane.
7.3 million tonnes of sugarcane were produced in the Burdekin Statistical Area Level 2 (SA2), which is the largest sugarcane producing SA2 in Australia.
2020-21 financial year
Agricultural Commodities, Australia
- 377 million hectares of agricultural land, down 2% from 2018-19
- 87,800 agricultural businesses, down 2%
- 61 million tonnes of cereal and broadacre crops produced, down 8%
- 64 million sheep and lambs on farms at 30 June 2020, down 3%
- 21 million beef cattle at 30 June 2020, down 6%
2019-20 financial year