Sugarcane, experimental regional estimates using new data sources and methods
- 30.04 million tonnes of sugarcane were harvested in 2019-20.
- Australia’s five largest sugarcane producing regions were in Queensland.
- These five regions were responsible for over half of Australia's harvest.
Agricultural Commodities, Australia
- There were 89,400 agricultural businesses, up 5% from 2018.
- There were 384 million hectares of agricultural land, up 2%.
- 66 million tonnes of broadacre crops were produced (down 12% from 2017-18).
- Ongoing drought conditions limited growth of Australian livestock numbers in 2018-19.