Data presented in this report are not comparable with the annual Deaths and Causes of Death datasets. This report is based on:
- doctor certified deaths only
- the date on which the death occurred
- the state or territory in which the death was registered
- provisional data
Data in this report includes deaths that:
- occurred between 1 January and 30 June 2020, and
- were registered by 31 August 2020. See the Timeliness and completeness of data section at the end of this article for more information.
Counts of deaths for the period from 1 January to 26 May 2020 will differ from those in the previous report, with additional deaths that occurred in that period being registered and reported between the end of June and the end of August.
This report will be updated monthly throughout 2020. Reports will only include data in full weeks. As such, data for June includes deaths that occurred up until 30 June and were registered by the end of August.
Read more in the Methodology.