Education not definable by level (COFOG-A 094)
Education not definable by level (COFOG-A 094) consists of government expenditure on vocational and other types of education not elsewhere classified. This category is further classified into:
- apprenticeships and traineeships (COFOG-A 0941); and
- education not definable by level not elsewhere classified (COFOG-A 0949).
Apprenticeships and traineeships (COFOG-A 0941)
Apprenticeships and traineeships (COFOG-A 0941) consists of:
- the provision of training in the form of apprenticeships and traineeships. That is, programs designed to teach procedural knowledge and to facilitate entry into a specific occupation ; and
- scholarships, grants, loans and allowances to support students pursuing such training in the form of an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Includes: Apprenticeship schemes; traineeship schemes; military institutions offering training for apprenticeships or traineeships, where the curriculum resembles that of civilian institutions even though attendance may be limited to military personnel and their families.
Excludes: Programs provided by TAFE colleges or other providers which are not part of an apprenticeship or traineeship (classified to vocational education and training (excluding apprenticeships and traineeships) (COFOG-A 0932)).
Education not definable by level not elsewhere classified (COFOG-A 0949)
Education not definable by level not elsewhere classified (COFOG-A 0949) consists of:
- the provision of education not definable by level, that is, educational programs generally for adults which do not require any special prior instruction);
- the administration, inspection, operation or support of institutions providing education not definable by level; and
- scholarships, grants, loans and allowances to support students pursuing education programs not definable by level.
Includes: Adult education programs which are essentially non-vocational and associated with leisure-time activities or cultural development; migrant education programs.
Excludes: Subsidiary services to education (classified to the appropriate class of COFOG-A 095); transportation services to students (classified to transportation of non-urban school students (COFOG-A 0951) or transportation of other students (COFOG-A 0952)).