Legal basis for sharing data
- Australian Bureau of Statistics Act 1975
- Census and Statistics Act 1905
ABS Business Characteristics Survey, 2005-06 to 2017-18
- An annual survey providing estimates in business use of information technology, innovation, and a broad range of other non-financial business characteristics.
ABS Survey of Disability, Ageing & Carers, 2018
- Information about people with disability, older people (aged 65 years or more) and people who care for people with disability or older people.
Australian Census Longitudinal Dataset, 2006, 2011, 2016
- The Australian Census Longitudinal Dataset brings together a 5% sample of Census data from the 2006, 2011 and 2016 Censuses. It contains information such as age, sex, country of birth, labour force status, as well as dwelling, household and family characteristics, across each of these Censuses.
- Researchers can apply to use the ACLD for longitudinal MADIP analysis for specific projects.
ABS National Health Survey, 2014-15, 2017-18
- Information on Australian’s health and wellbeing such as medical conditions, health and lifestyle risk factors, mental health and use of health services.
Business Longitudinal Analysis Environment (BLADE) Core Dataset, from 2001
- BLADE is an economic data tool combining tax, trade, and intellectual property information with ABS data to provide a better understanding of the Australian economy and business performance over time. A limited set of BLADE information (generally from 2001 onwards) is available in MADIP.
Census of Population and Housing, 2011, 2016 and 2021
- Census data provides demographic information such as family composition, education attainment, marital status, and household income.
- Current ABS policy restricts the linking of data from more than one Census. This means data from multiple Censuses cannot be brought together for longitudinal MADIP analysis. The exception to this is the Australian Census Longitudinal Dataset, which brings together a small sample of Census data exploring how Australian society changes over time.
ABS Household Income & Expenditure Survey, 2015-16
- Information on sources of income, amounts received, household net worth, financial stress, housing, household characteristics & personal characteristics.
- This information is collected from private households over two phases using the ABS Survey of Income and Housing and the ABS Household Expenditure Survey.
ABS Survey of Income and Housing, 2019-20, 2020-21
- Information on sources of income, amounts received, household net worth, housing, household characteristics and personal characteristics collected from a sample of private households.