MicrodataDownload is a convenient way to access basic microdata:
- designed for use in your own environment
- over 100 basic microdata files available
- secure download in your choice of file formats, with most available in SAS, SPSS, Stata and CSV
- data items likely to be reported at a broader level than other ABS microdata products
When your organisation subscribes
to MicrodataDownload, all
registered members in your organisation can access all
basic microdata files.
- Only Australian organisations may apply for MicrodataDownload. International organisations may request access to specific basic microdata, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- You must register and join your organisation in the Registration Centre.
- The head of your organisation must sign a Responsible Officer Undertaking.
- Contact Officers must comply with the requirements for managing basic microdata distribution within their organisation.
- You must comply with the conditions agreed to by your Responsible Officer and understand your obligations as a microdata user, detailed in the Responsible Use of ABS Microdata Guide. This includes:
Basic microdata is available on a wide range of topics such as Census of Population and Housing, health, education, labour force, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, migrants, crime, disability, ageing and carers. Available microdata
links you to supporting materials such as data item lists. Compare data services
to see how basic microdata compares with other types of data and access.