People and communities
Household Impacts of COVID-19 Survey
- In June 2021, people in Victoria (34%) were more likely than the rest of Australia (23%) to report it will take more than a year for life to return to normal.
- Of the Australians who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, 90% reported that it was very or moderately easy to get one.
Gender Indicators, Australia
- Women’s full time adult average weekly ordinary time earnings were 86% of that of men.
- Recorded crimes data showed women were five times more likely to be victims of sexual assault than men.
- For the first time, there was equal representation between men and women parliamentarians in the Senate.
Marriages and Divorces, Australia
- In 2019, 113,815 marriages were registered and 49,116 divorces were granted in Australia.
There were 5,507 same-sex marriages in 2019, accounting for 4.8% of all marriages.
Provisional data released for January to June 2020 shows a 31.9% decrease in marriages. See 'article' for more information.
Personal Income of Migrants, Australia
- Migrant taxpayers generated $112 billion in total personal income.
- About 91% of total income was employee income ($102 billion).
- Over half (61%) of migrant taxpayers held a skilled visa.
- Skilled migrants generated 72% of the total income earned by migrants.
Attendance at Selected Cultural Venues and Events, Australia
- 82.4% of those aged 15 and over went to at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 66.8% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
- 94.3% of children aged 5-14 attended at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 87.7% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
Insights from the Australian Census and Temporary Entrants Integrated Dataset
- On Census Night 2016, there were 1,635,503 temporary entrants.
- Of the 1.5 million temporary residents, over half were male (53%).
- 81% of temporary residents lived in capital cities.
- 68% of temporary residents aged 15 and over were in the labour force.