People and communities
Household Impacts of COVID-19 Survey
- Of those testing for COVID-19, 96% used a Rapid Antigen Test (up from 90% in March 2022).
- 78% of Australians wore a face mask in the last week (down from 98% in February 2022).
- 1% of Australians reported they did not expect to be able to pay one or more bills in the next three months (down from 3% in June 2020).
Marriages and Divorces, Australia
- In 2020, 78,989 marriages were registered in Australia, a 30.6% decrease from 2019.
- 30.6% is the largest annual marriages decrease ever reported by the ABS.
- 10 October was the most common wedding day with 2,191 marriages.
- The divorce rate remained at 1.9 divorces per 1,000 people in 2020.
Gender Indicators, Australia
- Women’s full time adult average weekly ordinary time earnings were 86% of that of men.
- Recorded crimes data showed women were five times more likely to be victims of sexual assault than men.
- For the first time, there was equal representation between men and women parliamentarians in the Senate.
Personal Income of Migrants, Australia
- Migrant taxpayers generated $112 billion in total personal income.
- About 91% of total income was employee income ($102 billion).
- Over half (61%) of migrant taxpayers held a skilled visa.
- Skilled migrants generated 72% of the total income earned by migrants.
2016-17 financial year
Attendance at Selected Cultural Venues and Events, Australia
- 82.4% of those aged 15 and over went to at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 66.8% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
- 94.3% of children aged 5-14 attended at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 87.7% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
2017-18 financial year
Insights from the Australian Census and Temporary Entrants Integrated Dataset
- On Census Night 2016, there were 1,635,503 temporary entrants.
- Of the 1.5 million temporary residents, over half were male (53%).
- 81% of temporary residents lived in capital cities.
- 68% of temporary residents aged 15 and over were in the labour force.