People and communities
Household Impacts of COVID-19 Survey
- Fewer people (46%) intend to travel November to February compared with 77% who usually travel.
- One in two (53%) would definitely get a COVID-19 test if they had mild symptoms.
- Victorians were twice as likely to experience loneliness in October (33%) compared with the rest of Australia (14%).
Marriages and Divorces, Australia
- In 2019, 113,815 marriages were registered and 49,116 divorces were granted in Australia.
There were 5,507 same-sex marriages in 2019, accounting for 4.8% of all marriages.
Provisional data released for January to June 2020 shows a 31.9% decrease in marriages. See 'article' for more information.
Personal Income of Migrants, Australia
- Migrant taxpayers generated $112 billion in total personal income.
- About 91% of total income was employee income ($102 billion).
- Over half (61%) of migrant taxpayers held a skilled visa.
- Skilled migrants generated 72% of the total income earned by migrants.
2016-17 financial year
Attendance at Selected Cultural Venues and Events, Australia
- 82.4% of those aged 15 and over went to at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 66.8% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
- 94.3% of children aged 5-14 attended at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 87.7% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
2017-18 financial year
Insights from the Australian Census and Temporary Entrants Integrated Dataset
- On Census Night 2016, there were 1,635,503 temporary entrants.
- Of the 1.5 million temporary residents, over half were male (53%).
- 81% of temporary residents lived in capital cities.
- 68% of temporary residents aged 15 and over were in the labour force.