People and communities
Household Impacts of COVID-19 Survey
- In the last four weeks 31% of people with a job worked from home most days compared with 12% before March.
- One in six people with a job (18%) did not have enough paid sick leave to take two weeks off.
- A further one in three people with a job (33%) did not have access to paid sick leave.
Personal Income of Migrants, Australia
- Migrant taxpayers generated $112 billion in total personal income.
- About 91% of total income was employee income ($102 billion).
- Over half (61%) of migrant taxpayers held a skilled visa.
- Skilled migrants generated 72% of the total income earned by migrants.
Attendance at Selected Cultural Venues and Events, Australia
- 82.4% of those aged 15 and over went to at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 66.8% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
- 94.3% of children aged 5-14 attended at least one cultural venue or event;
- while 87.7% went to a cinema or drive-in at least once.
Insights from the Australian Census and Temporary Entrants Integrated Dataset
- On Census Night 2016, there were 1,635,503 temporary entrants.
- Of the 1.5 million temporary residents, over half were male (53%).
- 81% of temporary residents lived in capital cities.
- 68% of temporary residents aged 15 and over were in the labour force.