Building and construction
Building Approvals, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for total dwellings approved rose 10.9% in December.
- Private sector houses rose 15.8%, in seasonally adjusted terms, while private sector dwellings excluding houses rose 2.3%.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the value of non-residential building approved rose 10.1%.
Building Activity, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the total number of dwelling units commenced fell 0.8%.
- New private sector house commencements rose 4.0% to 26,726 dwellings, while private sector other residential commencements fell 7.5% to 14,887 dwellings.
- The value of total building work done fell 2.8% to $28.8b.