Building and construction
Building Activity, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the total number of dwelling units commenced rose 18.6%.
- New private sector house commencements rose 26.6% to 33,761 dwellings.
- New private sector other residential commencements rose 4.1% to 16,049 dwellings.
- The value of total building work done rose 0.1% to $29.4b.
Building Approvals, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for total dwellings approved rose 21.6% in February.
- Private sector houses rose 15.1%, while private sector dwellings excluding houses increased 45.3%, in seasonally adjusted terms.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the value of non-residential building approved rose 27.5%.