Building and construction
Building Activity, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the total number of dwelling units commenced rose 0.2%.
- New private sector house commencements rose 5.9% to 35,869 dwellings.
- New private sector other residential commencements fell 11.3% to 14,667 dwellings.
- The value of total building work done rose 3.0% to $30.4b.
Building Approvals, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for total dwellings approved fell 7.1% in May.
- Private sector houses fell 10.3%, in seasonally adjusted terms, while private sector dwellings excluding houses rose 1.2%.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the value of non-residential building approved rose 28.5%.