Building and construction
Building Approvals, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for total dwellings approved fell 12.9% in October.
- Private sector houses rose 4.3%, while private sector dwellings excluding houses fell 37.5%.
- The value of non-residential building approved fell 20.9%.
Building Activity, Australia
In seasonally adjusted terms in the June quarter:
- Total dwelling unit commencements rose 23.2% to 64,596 dwellings.
- New private sector house commencements rose 13.7% to 40,820 dwellings.
- New private sector other residential commencements rose 47.5% to 22,515 dwellings.
- The value of total building work done fell -0.2% to $30.3b.