Building and construction
Building Activity, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the total number of dwelling units commenced fell 5.6%.
- New private sector house commencements fell 0.8% to 25,397 dwellings, while private sector other residential commencements fell 14.1% to 15,966 dwellings.
- The value of total building work done fell 3.8%.
Building Approvals, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for total dwellings approved fell 1.6% in August.
- Private sector dwellings excluding houses fell 11.0%, while private sector houses rose 4.8%, in seasonally adjusted terms.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate for the value of non-residential building approved rose 40.7%.