Price indexes and inflation
Wage Price Index, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted WPI rose 0.2% in June quarter 2020.
- The seasonally adjusted WPI rose 1.8% over the year to June quarter 2020.
- The seasonally adjusted Private sector rose 0.1% in June quarter 2020.
- The seasonally adjusted Public sector rose 0.6% in June quarter 2020.
Residential Property Price Indexes: Eight Capital Cities
Weighted average of the eight capital cities Residential Property Price Index:
- fell 1.8% this quarter.
- rose 6.2% over the last twelve months.
The total value of residential dwellings in Australia fell $98.2b to $7,138.2b this quarter.
International Trade Price Indexes, Australia
- Import price index fell 1.9% this quarter and 1.9% through the year.
Export price index fell 2.4% this quarter and 3.8% through the year.
The Australian dollar depreciated against the United States dollar.
- The exchange rate had an upward effect on import and export prices this quarter.