Household financial resources
- Average private household income remained stable at $2,117 per week compared to September 2019.
- Income from government payments increased by $89 per week, to $300 per week.
- COVID-19 early access superannuation scheme withdrawals were mainly used for mortgage or rent payments (29%) or household bills (27%).
Managed Funds, Australia
The total managed funds industry rose $169.8b (4.4%) to $3,997.1b funds under management
Consolidated assets of managed funds institutions rose $146.4b (4.8%) to $3,201.8b
Cross invested assets rose $25.4b (5.3%) to $505.5b
Unconsolidated assets rose $171.9b (4.9%) to $3,707.2b
Household Expenditure Survey, Australia: Summary of Results
- Average weekly household spending on goods and services was $1,425.
- Household spending on goods and services increased by 15% since 2009-10.
- Average weekly spending on goods and services was highest in the Northern Territory and Australian Capital Territory and lowest in Tasmania and South Australia.
Labour Costs, Australia
- Total labour costs incurred by employers were $760.9 billion.
- Employee earnings accounted for 87.3% of total labour costs.
- Private and public sector labour costs accounted for 77.7% and 22.3% of labour costs for all employers respectively.