Kitchenhands assist kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and clean food preparation and service areas.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- cleaning kitchens, food preparation areas and sculleries
- cleaning cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and restaurants
- transferring, weighing and checking supplies and equipment
- assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking, and preparing salads, savouries and sandwiches
- packing food and beverage trays for serving
- cooking, toasting and heating simple food items
- 851311 Kitchenhand
- Kitchen Steward
Assists kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and cleans food preparation and service areas.
Skill Level: 5
- Pantry Attendant
- Sandwich Hand