Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits June 2015 to June 2019 - Interactive map
This map uses data contained in Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits, June 2015 to June 2019
How to use
- Navigating topics: maps can be selected via the drop-down menu (mobile devices) or the tabs (larger screens).
- Search: the icon opens the search function. It is set to look for locations such as addresses, suburbs and postcodes contained within an SA2 or LGA.
- Data: on each map, an SA2 or LGA region can be selected to view the underlying data. Data for all SA2s and LGAs can be found in the Download section of this publication.
- If the maps do not load successfully, please try refreshing this page.
- Local Government Area boundaries are the standard geographical areas of incorporated local government councils. Statistical Area 2 boundaries are presented according to the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS), 2016. For more information see the Statistical Geography page of the ABS website or the following: Australian Statistical Geography Standard, Volume 1 - Main Structure and Greater Capital City Statistical Areas, July 2016 (cat. no. 1270.0.55.001); Australian Statistical Geography Standard, Volume 3 - Non-ABS Structures, July 2018 (cat. no. 1270.0.55.003).
- Units in the profiled population are not included in LGA or SA2 level geography.
- For businesses in the non-profiled population, the main business address of a business relates to the physical address where the main business activity takes place.
- Businesses can operate in more than one geographical location and be represented by a single ABN. These are referred to as multi-location businesses. For the purposes of this release, multi-location businesses are attributed to one geographical classification to prevent double counting of businesses. The individual locations of businesses with multiple sites are not available. The issues of geocoding multi location businesses are more pronounced in counts at smaller geographies, as multi location businesses will only be attributed to a single SA2/LGA. As such, it cannot be assumed that business counts (or main industry) at each geographical level reflect all business operations within that geography.
- Detailed data information is available in the Explanatory Notes.