ABS responds to COVID-19
The ABS is committed to delivering timely and accurate information about the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on Australian society and the economy.
We are producing a range of existing and new statistical products, providing relevant insights on households, employment and industry to inform government, business and community responses to the pandemic.
New statistical releases will provide information on:
- Business impacts such as cash flow and turnover
- Additional monthly analysis on hours worked, including reasons for working less hours, and quarterly hours worked analysis by industry
- Preliminary retail turnover data
- Interactive employment maps
- Preliminary import and export data
- COVID-related employment and health implications for households
- Additional analysis of short term overseas visitors and international students
- Interactive age and health conditions population maps
- Confidentialised microdata for Australian businesses will be made available for researchers through TableBuilder so they can produce tables, graphs and maps.
Find all ABS COVID-19 statistical products
ABS COVID-19 STATEMENTS
- New mortality statistics and other information to measure COVID-19 impacts, 27 May 2020
- ABS exploring new data sources to inform official statistics in response to COVID-19, 22 May 2020
- Speech: Measuring the Impacts of COVID-19 - Briefing to the Australian Business Economists
- Statistical work program changes in response to COVID-19, 22 April 2020
- New labour market information, 14 April 2020
- Further ABS information to measure coronavirus impacts, 31 March 2020
- Additional ABS products to help measure the economic impact of the coronavirus, 16 March 2020
Media releases and statements
- ATO-ABS partnership delivers COVID-19 jobs statistics, 20 April 2020
- Measuring the labour market impacts of COVID-19, 15 April 2020
- Australian businesses report widespread impacts from COVID-19 in March, 26 March 2020
- COVID-19 impacts business cash flow and turnover, 7 April 2020
PROTECTING HOUSEHOLDS, BUSINESSES AND STAFF
The ABS is prioritising the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, as well as households and businesses providing information to the ABS. We encourage participation online or by phone. More information is available for survey respondents.