|Dec-22||Quarterly change||Quarterly change (%)||Annual change||Annual change (%)|
All references to "jobs" are referring to "filled jobs" unless otherwise specified. For information on the various measures of jobs (filled job, Labour Account main job and Labour Account secondary job), please refer to the Glossary in Methodology.
(a) Through the year movement is from one quarter to the corresponding quarter in the previous year.
Key COVID-19 dates
- January-February: COVID-19 Omicron variant outbreak in various states resulted in tighter restrictions for people located in hotspot locations
- 15 January: Queensland's state border opened to all domestic travellers, and most COVID-19 restrictions were lifted
- 21 February: Australia opened its international borders for fully vaccinated non-resident travellers
- 3 March: Western Australia opened its state border allowing fully vaccinated travellers to enter the state without quarantine
- 17 April: Overseas travellers no longer needed to provide a negative COVID-19 test before entering Australia
- 6 July: Federal government removed the need for international visitors to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status.