Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Household wealth rose $735.0b (5.8%) to a record $13,433.7b
- Demand for credit was $78.6b, an increase of $25.5b
- Australia's net lending position increased $9.6b to $24.2b
- Capital investment as a proportion of GDP rose to 22.8%
Tourism Satellite Accounts: quarterly tourism labour statistics, Australia, experimental estimates
In June, there were 675,600 tourism jobs. This was:
- 10,000 (1.5%) more jobs than March 2021
- 69,100 (11.4%) more jobs than June 2020
- almost 1 in 20 (4.7%) filled jobs in the economy
Australian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
- Tourism gross domestic product (GDP) fell 18.9% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism's contribution to economy GDP fell from 3.1% to 2.5%.
- Domestic tourism consumption fell 19.7%, and international fell 22.3% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism employed persons fell 6.6% to 621,000 people.
2019-20 financial year