Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Household wealth continued to increase, rising $518.0b (4.3%) to a record $12,664.5b
- Demand for credit was $53.4b, falling for the second consecutive quarter
- Australia's net lending position increased $4.8b to $15.3b
- Capital investment as a proportion of GDP rose to 22.3%
Tourism Satellite Accounts: quarterly tourism labour statistics, Australia, experimental estimates
In March, there were 662,700 tourism jobs. This was:
- 3,100 (0.5%) more jobs than December 2020
- 35,500 (-5.1%) less jobs than March 2020
- Almost 1 in 20 (4.7%) filled jobs in the economy
Australian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
- Tourism gross domestic product (GDP) fell 18.9% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism's contribution to economy GDP fell from 3.1% to 2.5%.
- Domestic tourism consumption fell 19.7%, and international fell 22.3% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism employed persons fell 6.6% to 621,000 people.
2019-20 financial year