Australian National Accounts: National Income, Expenditure and Product
- The Australian economy fell 7.0% in seasonally adjusted chain volume measures.
- GDP fell 7.6% in seasonally adjusted current price measures.
- The terms of trade rose 0.2%.
- Household saving ratio increased to 19.8% from 6.0%.
Tourism Satellite Accounts: quarterly tourism labour statistics, Australia, experimental estimates
In June quarter 2020, there were 611,700 tourism filled jobs: This represents
- a decrease of 15.1% (-109,000) from June quarter 2019 compared to a 5.1% (-736,400) fall in the whole economy
- a decrease of 12.9% (-90,800) from March quarter 2020 compared to a 6.1% (-877,700) fall in the whole economy
- the lowest number of tourism filled jobs since June quarter 2014
- 4.5% of filled jobs in the economy, the lowest proportion on record
Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- $165.1b (1.5%) rise in household wealth to $11,131.8b
- $8.1b rise in Australia’s net lending position to a record $18.4b
- Rise in total capital investment to 23.1% of GDP, despite a fall in the level of investment
- Demand for credit was $138.0b, the largest funding recorded in the entire time series