Tourism Satellite Accounts: quarterly tourism labour statistics, Australia, experimental estimates
In September, there were 634,000 tourism jobs: This is
- a 13.0% (-94,900) fall from September 2019
- a 4.0% (24,600) increase from June 2020
- the lowest number of tourism jobs in September since 2013
- the first quarter where part-time jobs (318,300) exceed full-time (315,700) in the time series
Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Household wealth increased $186.8b (1.7%) to a record $11,351b
- Demand for credit was $154.9b, exceeding last quarter's record funding by $3.8b
- Australia's net lending position fell by $7.7b to $9.1b
- Capital investment as a proportion of GDP fell to 22.1%
Australian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
- Tourism gross domestic product (GDP) fell 18.9% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism's contribution to economy GDP fell from 3.1% to 2.5%.
- Domestic tourism consumption fell 19.7%, and international fell 22.3% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism employed persons fell 6.6% to 621,000 people.
2019-20 financial year