Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Household wealth increased $501.5b (4.3%) to a record $12,033.5b
- Demand for credit was $63.3b, following last quarter’s record of $154.7b
- Australia's net lending position increased $4.3b to $9.8b
- Capital investment as a proportion of GDP fell to 22.1%
Tourism Satellite Accounts: quarterly tourism labour statistics, Australia, experimental estimates
In December, there were 664,400 tourism jobs: This is
- 32,300 (5.1%) more jobs than September 2020
- 80,500 (-10.8%) less jobs than December 2019
- a recovery of 4 out of 10 tourism jobs compared to 7 out of 10 economy-wide jobs
- driven by an uneven mix of movement across tourism industries
Australian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
- Tourism gross domestic product (GDP) fell 18.9% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism's contribution to economy GDP fell from 3.1% to 2.5%.
- Domestic tourism consumption fell 19.7%, and international fell 22.3% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism employed persons fell 6.6% to 621,000 people.
2019-20 financial year