A NOTE ON ENERGY PRICES
Please note that calculation of an average unit price utilising the monetary estimates and physical estimates from this publication may not provide accurate estimates of price change. An average unit value will reflect both price change and changes in the product mix. There are a broad range of price indexes published by the ABS for the purpose of measuring price change over time.
6401.0 Consumer Price Index, Australia (cat. no. 6401.0)
Table 7. CPI Group, Sub-group and Expenditure Class, Weighted Average of the Eight Capital Cities
6427.0 Producer Price Indexes, Australia
- Gas and other household fuels
- Automotive fuels.
(cat. no. 6427.0)
Table 11. Input to the Coal Mining industry, index numbers and percentage changes.
Table 12. Output of the Manufacturing industries, division, subdivision, group and class index numbers
- 17 Petroleum and coal product manufacturing
- 1701 Petroleum refining and petroleum fuel manufacturing
- 1811 Industrial gas manufacturing.
Table 13. Input to the Manufacturing industries, division and selected industries, index numbers and percentage changes
- Index numbers, Coal mining
- Index numbers, Oil and gas extraction
- Index numbers, Petroleum and coal products
- Index numbers, Natural gas
- Index numbers, Electricity.
Table 36. Output to the Mining industry, index numbers
Feature Article: Introducing the Producer Price Indexes, Domestic Gas Extraction Series
- Gas extraction, Domestic
- Gas extraction, Domestic, East coast market
- Gas extraction, Domestic, Western Australia.
in Producer Price Indexes, Australia, Sep 2017
(cat. no. 6427.0) provides further information of the Output to the Mining industry indexes.
6457.0 International Trade Price Indexes, Australia
(cat. no. 6457.0)
Tables 1,3 and 12. Import Price Index by SITC, Index Numbers and Percentage Changes
- Index numbers, 33 Petroleum, petroleum products and related materials.
Tables 7 and 9. Export Price Index by SITC, Index Numbers and Percentage Changes
- Index numbers, 32 Coal, coke and briquettes
- Index numbers, 33 Petroleum, petroleum products and related materials
- Index numbers, 34 Gas, natural and manufactured.