GOAL 3: SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING EMPLOYEE PARTICIPATION, CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT AND WELLBEING
We have the workplace structures, systems and procedures in place to assist our people to effectively develop and build their capabilities. Harnessing available talent and ensuring a mix of skills, perspectives and experience is important to increasing organisational capability. By supporting our employees through the challenges of everyday life, and providing them with opportunities to balance work with personal commitments and interests (for example personal development, community involvement, family commitments, carer responsibilities, and cultural obligations), the ABS will create an environment where staff feel included, safe and valued.
- We embody a high performing culture where everybody is valued.
- Our employees are supported and encouraged to undertake management and/or leadership opportunities (for example higher duties, acting opportunities).
- Our employees and managers are encouraged and supported to access resources regarding workplace inclusion and diversity that raise awareness, understanding and capability across the organisation (for example, Cultural Understanding/Awareness across a range of diverse areas eg LGBTI+).
- Our employees are provided with a safe and inclusive work environment which provides flexibility and support to balance work, personal/family responsibilities and other commitments which enables staff to bring their whole selves to work (for example Flex Works).
- Our management and leadership development programs have inclusion and respectful behaviours as central components.
- Our capability development activities and resources are truly accessible for all employees .
- We provide workplace adjustments and support for employees with reasonable alternative workplace needs.
- We will continue to participate in and support diversity and inclusion programs run by the APS and our communities.
- We encourage and support our employees to participate in employee-run diversity networks and encourage our SES leaders to champion diversity in their areas of interest.