GOAL 1: INFORMING AND INCLUDING OUR WORKFORCE FOR AN ENGAGED DIVERSE CULTURE
We are committed to a culture that is inclusive, recognises the diversity of our employees’ experiences, knowledge and skills, and capitalises on these diverse perspectives, views and attitudes. We are committed to ensuring that every employee has equitable access to opportunities to contribute to the organisation, and that our endeavours support a culture that provides equity and gives our employees what they need to be successful. We encourage an environment that supports ongoing communication and dialogue with staff to explore, understand and address diversity issues and inclusiveness.
- We have an inclusive culture where our employees:
- respect, value and accept individual differences and experiences
- treat each other with dignity, respect and fairness
- recognise that the vast array of skills, knowledge and experiences people bring to work matter
- drive innovation and creativity through different and diverse perspectives
- capitalise on the breadth of knowledge and experiences of our diverse workforce
- support an environment where harassment and discrimination are not tolerated.
- Our employees agree the ABS is an organisation committed to inclusion and diversity.
- We maintain or improve our APS Employee Census diversity and engagement results each year.
- Our HR Policies/Guidelines and Diversity Practices are inclusive of diverse groups and have removed barriers in processes, plans, practices or services.
- Our language/terminology/definitions/guidelines use inclusive forms of words and images.
- Our employees are encouraged and supported to participate in cultural events of significance.
- We create a safe and open environment of trust where staff are willing to voluntarily self-identify their diversity status, enabling the ABS to better understand and support our people with relevant and proportional diversity initiatives.