Accessing the data
This publication provides information about the Jobs in Australia microdata release from the Linked Employer-Employee Database (LEED). This includes details on how to use the Jobs in Australia TableBuilder product and quality of microdata.
About the dataset
Jobs in Australia provides statistics from the LEED to enable simultaneous analysis of met supply and demand in the Australian labour market. The LEED is a cross-sectional database, which uses administrative tax data to incorporate information from all employees and employers in Australia. This creates a highly detailed dataset to support analysis of employment and income statistics for micro-labour markets.
The LEED includes person and employer level information provided by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and the Registrar of the Australian Business Register (ABR).
1. Data is supplied under the Taxation Administration Act 1953, which requires that such data is only used for the purpose of administering the Census and Statistics Act 1905.
2. ABR data is supplied under A New Tax System (Australian Business Number) Act 1999, which requires that such data is only used for the purpose of carrying out functions of the ABS.
3. The LEED uses this data via the Business Longitudinal Analysis Data Environment (BLADE), which combines ABS Business Register data, business tax data and information from ABS surveys with data about the use of government programs.
Information is confidentialised to ensure privacy and secrecy of the data, in accordance with legislative requirements. Confidentiality features are detailed in the Using TableBuilder section.
Further details about the construction of the LEED and summary results are available in the publication Jobs in Australia.
About the microdata
Microdata are the most detailed information available. The Jobs in Australia microdata provides new insights to describe the number and nature of filled jobs, the people who held them, and their employers throughout seven consecutive years (2011-12 to 2017-18) across more than 2,200 different regions in Australia.
Jobs in Australia microdata is available in the TableBuilder product, an online tool for creating tables and graphs. For more information about using microdata in general, see Microdata Entry Page.
Access to microdata
1. Register and apply for access to TableBuilder through How to Apply for Microdata.
2. Learn more About TableBuilder.
3. Use the Table Builder User Guide (cat. no. 1406.0.55.005).
For assistance please contact Microdata Access Strategies via email@example.com.
This microdata publication also includes:
DATA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
- A detailed list of Jobs in Australia data items, available in Downloads.
- The Quality Declaration in Explanatory Notes.
- Other related products in Related Information.
Data items from the LEED, which are not included in the TableBuilder product, may be available on request to meet individual requirements. Data requests are subject to confidentiality and administrative data constraints.
To enquire about data requests complete the Information Consultancy Form,
or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
outlines how we handle any personal information.