UNIT GROUP 4314 HOTEL SERVICE MANAGERS
HOTEL SERVICE MANAGERS supervise and coordinate the activities of hotel service workers.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining work requirements and allocating duties to Commercial Housekeepers, Luggage Porters and Doorpersons
- conferring with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintaining attendance records and rosters
- explaining and enforcing safety regulations
- overseeing the work of the unit and suggesting improvements and changes
- conferring with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform front office and hotel reception duties
431411 Hotel Service Manager
431411 HOTEL SERVICE MANAGER
Supervises and coordinates the activities of hotel service workers.
Skill Level: 3
Front Office Manager (Hotel)
Head Porter (Hotel)
Hotel Office Manager