- there were 4,006,974 students enrolled in 9,542 schools.
- teachers made up 68.1% of in-school full-time equivalent staff.
- the Year 7 to 12 full-time apparent retention rate was 83.6%.
- the average student to teaching staff ratio for all schools was 13.5 students to one teacher.
Education and Work, Australia
In May 2020:
- 63% of people aged 15-64 were fully engaged in work and/or study (was 66% in 2019)
- 18% of men and 20% of women aged 15-64 were studying
- 69% aged 20-64 had a non-school qualification, with women (70%) now overtaking men (68%)
- 74% of 15-74 year olds with a qualification were employed
Qualifications and work
- In 2018-19, 63% of Australians aged 15-64 had a non-school qualification.
- 24% of people had multiple qualifications.
- 83% of people with a qualification had one that was relevant to their job.
- 2.6 million people (16%) had at least one incomplete qualification.
2018-19 financial year