December key statistics
The Industrial Disputes release provides statistics monitoring the level of industrial disputation in Australia.
- 38 disputes occurred, five less from the previous quarter.
- 8,800 employees were involved, a decrease from 17,500 in the previous quarter.
- 12,400 working days were lost, a decrease from 17,800 in the previous quarter.
- More than two in ten (22%) working days lost were in the Other manufacturing industry.
- More than two in ten (29%) working days lost were in Victoria.
Year ended estimates
- 147 disputes occurred, 16 less than in the previous year.
- 64,400 working days were lost, 39% less than the previous year.
|September 2019||December 2019||December 2018||December 2019|
|Number of disputes|
|Commenced in period (no.)||35||34||158||135|
|Newly involved ('000)||16.8||8.3||57.4||51.6|
|Working days lost ('000)||17.8||12.4||105.8||64.4|