Tourism and transport
Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
February 2021 original estimates for short-term trips (less than 1 year):
Overseas visitor arrivals to Australia decreased 21.7% since the previous month to 6,260 trips
Australian resident returns from overseas decreased 26.1% since the previous month to 8,390 trips.
Overseas Travel Statistics, Provisional
- Of the 25,800 estimated arrival trips, 11,500 were by Australian citizens
- Arrival trips show a 18.5% decrease compared to the previous month
- Of the 32,800 estimated departure trips, 9,300 were by Australian citizens
- Departure trips show a 23.6% decrease compared to the previous month.
Survey of Motor Vehicle Use, Australia
- 19,768,518 estimated number of vehicles
- 238,499 million kilometres travelled, an average of 12.1 thousand kilometres per vehicle
- 33,019 megalitres of fuel consumed
- 223,949 million tonne-kilometres of freight moved