International Trade in Goods and Services, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted balance on goods and services surplus increased $1,524m to $9,681m in May.
- Goods and services credits (exports) rose $2,443m (6%) to $42,233m.
- Goods and services debits (imports) rose $919m (3%) to $32,552m.
International Merchandise Trade, Preliminary, Australia
• Exports of goods in June 2021 increased $2,889m (8%) to $41,287m
• Imports of goods in June 2021 increased $2,122m (8%) to $28,015m
• For June 2021 there is a goods trade surplus of $13,271m (original, current price, merchandise trade basis)
Balance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
- The current account surplus, seasonally adjusted, rose $2,273m to $18,283m.
- The capital and financial account deficit rose $4,696m to $15,363m.
- Australia’s net IIP liability position was $874.6b at 31 March 2021.
International Investment Position, Australia: Supplementary Statistics
- Australia’s net IIP liability position was $947.2b at 31 December 2020, an increase from last year's figure of $934.4b.
- Foreign investment in Australia rose $97.1b to $3,990.9b.
- Australian investment abroad rose $84.3b to $3,043.7b.
Characteristics of Australian Exporters
- The number of exporters continues to increase, up 7% to 56,772.
- Small exporters (up 11%) drove the overall increase in the exporter population.
- Small businesses make up 61% of all exporters.
- The mining industry make up 1% of exporters but 61% of the export value.
Australian Outward Foreign Affiliates Trade
- Australian enterprises own 5,176 foreign affiliates.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total number of employees were 412,000.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total sales of goods and services were $213,044m.
- Total assets of all Australian owned foreign affiliates were $1,956,303m.