International Trade in Goods and Services, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted balance on goods and services surplus increased $3,012m to $5,630m in September.
- Exports of goods and services rose $1,265m (4%) to $33,737m.
- Imports of goods and services fell $1,747m (6%) to $28,108m.
International Merchandise Trade, Preliminary, Australia
- Exports of goods in October 2020 increased $1,796m (6%) to $30,532m
- Imports of goods in October 2020 increased $1,978m (8%) to $25,692m
- For October there is a goods trade surplus of $4,840m (original, current price, merchandise trade basis)
Characteristics of Australian Exporters
- The number of exporters continues to increase, up 7% to 56,772.
- Small exporters (up 11%) drove the overall increase in the exporter population.
- Small businesses make up 61% of all exporters.
- The mining industry make up 1% of exporters but 61% of the export value.
2018-19 financial year
Australian Outward Foreign Affiliates Trade
- Australian enterprises own 5,176 foreign affiliates.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total number of employees were 412,000.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total sales of goods and services were $213,044m.
- Total assets of all Australian owned foreign affiliates were $1,956,303m.
Balance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
- The current account surplus, seasonally adjusted, rose $8,715m to $17,738m.
- Australia's net IIP liability position was $910.6b at 30 June 2020.
The capital and financial account deficit rose $7,787m to $18,636m.
- The primary income deficit fell $4,320m to $5,583m.