International Trade in Goods and Services, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted balance on goods and services surplus increased $3,009m to $10,142m in January.
- Goods and services credits (exports) rose $2,316m (6%) to $39,849m.
- Goods and services debits (imports) fell $694m (2%) to $29,707m.
Balance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
- The current account surplus, seasonally adjusted, rose $3,817m to $14,523m.
- The capital and financial account deficit rose $4,270m to $9,999m.
- Australia’s net IIP liability position was $947.2b at 31 December 2020.
International Merchandise Trade, Preliminary, Australia
• Exports of goods in January 2021 declined $3,047m (-9%) to $32,126m
• Imports of goods in January 2021 declined $2,626m (-10%) to $23,372m
• For January 2021 there is a goods trade surplus of $8,754m (original, current price, merchandise trade basis)
Characteristics of Australian Exporters
- The number of exporters continues to increase, up 7% to 56,772.
- Small exporters (up 11%) drove the overall increase in the exporter population.
- Small businesses make up 61% of all exporters.
- The mining industry make up 1% of exporters but 61% of the export value.
Australian Outward Foreign Affiliates Trade
- Australian enterprises own 5,176 foreign affiliates.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total number of employees were 412,000.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total sales of goods and services were $213,044m.
- Total assets of all Australian owned foreign affiliates were $1,956,303m.