International Trade in Goods and Services, Australia
- The seasonally adjusted balance on goods and services surplus increased $1,877m to $9,314m in March.
- Goods and services debits (imports) fell $1,949m (5%) to $40,139m, driven by decreases in imports of Processed industrial supplies n.e.s and Consumption goods n.e.s..
- Goods and services credits (exports) fell $72m (0%) to $49,453m, driven by falls in exports of Non-monetary gold and Cereal grains and cereal preparations.
Characteristics of Australian Exporters
- The number of exporters increased marginally to 56,274.
- The total value of merchandise exports reached a record high of $382b.
- 62% of all exporters were small exporters.
- The mining industry was the only industry to see an increase in the number of exporters in 2019-20, increasing 4%.
International Investment Position, Australia: Supplementary Statistics
- Australia’s IIP was a liability of $809.4b at 31 December 2021, a narrowing of $183.0b from the end of 2020.
- Foreign investment in Australia rose $92.3b to $4,136.1b.
- Australian investment abroad rose $275.3b to $3,326.7b.
Balance of Payments and International Investment Position, Australia
- The current account surplus, seasonally adjusted, fell $9,304m to $12,677m.
- The capital and financial account deficit fell $8,916m to $6,470m.
- Australia’s net IIP liability position was $809,396m at 31 December 2021.
International Merchandise Trade, Preliminary, Australia
• Exports of goods in June 2021 increased $2,889m (8%) to $41,287m
• Imports of goods in June 2021 increased $2,122m (8%) to $28,015m
• For June 2021 there is a goods trade surplus of $13,271m (original, current price, merchandise trade basis)
Australian Outward Foreign Affiliates Trade
- Australian enterprises own 5,176 foreign affiliates.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total number of employees were 412,000.
- Australian owned foreign affiliates total sales of goods and services were $213,044m.
- Total assets of all Australian owned foreign affiliates were $1,956,303m.