Have your say - ANZSCO consultation open
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) today opened a further round of consultation on a targeted update of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO).
Director of ANZSCO Review, Chris Hinchcliffe said the latest consultation followed on from the targeted update carried out last year.
“In 2021, the ABS trialled a new, targeted approach to updating ANZSCO and in November released the ANZSCO 2021, Australian Update,” Mr Hinchcliffe said.
“Today, a further round of consultation opens seeking feedback on three topics:
- construction-related trades occupations (as a key focus for 2022)
- how skills are reflected in ANZSCO, and
- other areas of ANZSCO requiring update.
Feedback will determine a set of proposed changes for construction-related trades occupations in 2022 and assist with planning future updates to ANZSCO”.
The ABS continues to develop the new approach to maintaining ANZSCO to reflect the contemporary labour market and better meet stakeholders needs.
Consultation will continue with a range of stakeholders on the development of this new approach and the priority areas to be addressed by subsequent updates.
To find out more and have your say go to https://consult.abs.gov.au/
Consultation closes 28 March 2022
- For media requests and interviews, contact the ABS Media Team via firstname.lastname@example.org (8.30am-5pm Mon-Fri).
- Subscribe to our media release notification service to get notified of ABS media releases or publications upon their release.