Hide and Skin Processing Machine Operator
Leather Production Machine Operator
Operates machines to convert raw hides and skins into finished leather for use in clothing, footwear and upholstery.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- sets, adjusts, feeds and operates machines that remove flesh, wool or fur from animal hides or skins
- loads drums or pits with hides or skins and adds tanning solutions
- sets, adjusts and feeds wet leather through machines which reduce the water content
- operates ovens and other leather drying machines
- selects and installs pattern plates or rollers in presses and feeds leather through machines to imprint patterns
- adjusts and operates spraying and roller coating machines which apply dyes and finishing coats to leather
- feeds and operates leather measuring machines, and records areas and types on finished leather
- controls processing times, temperatures and other production conditions
- cleans machines and work areas and disposes of waste products
Fellmongering Machine Operator
Hide and Skin Fleshing Machine Operator
Leather Splitting and Shaving Operator