7212-17 Textile Dyeing and Finishing Machine Operator
Operates machines to bleach, dye and finish knitted garments, such as hosiery and woollen garments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- pours dyes or finishing chemicals into machines, and sets thermostats and other controls
- loads material into dyeing drums or other machines, and starts machines
- examines samples of material to detect variations from required colours or processing standards
- performs treatment processes such as mercerising, shrinking, waterproofing, napping and texturing
- adjusts flow of water, chemical solutions and steam
- drains solutions from machines at the end of dyeing or finishing cycle and removes materials
- undertakes quality control procedures
- may measure and mix ingredients for solutions or dyes
- may maintain production records