UNIT GROUP 7212 TEXTILE AND FOOTWEAR PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS
TEXTILE FOOTWEAR PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS operate machines to process raw textile fibres, raw hides and skins for use in textile and footwear production and dye, weave and knit fibres, and fabricate footwear.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing machines for operation by selecting and installing attachments or components for specialised functions
- setting and operating controls used to regulate processing operations
- starting machines and monitoring operation to detect faults and ensure effectiveness of operation
- mixing fibres into uniform blends or adding dyes or chemicals used in processing
- may examine final product for defects and variations and carry out quality control procedures