Makes women's garments such as dresses, coats and suits.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- confers with customers to determine material, styles and designs of garments
- takes measurements
- drafts or modifies patterns
- positions and pins patterns to fabric and cuts fabric
- pins or bastes fabric parts
- fits basted garments on customers and marks areas requiring alteration
- sews fabric parts together using sewing machines and presses seams
- sews felling stitches in hems of garments to conceal threads
- sews buttonholes, and sews on buttons, hooks and eyes or press fasteners to finish garments
- may make garments according to pictures provided by customers
Apparel Sample Hand
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram