4941-17 Apparel Cutter
Lays out, marks and cuts fabric to form parts of garments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- unrolls and spreads fabric in layers on tables
- arranges patterns on fabric and marks outlines of patterns
- sets and operates cutting machines
- labels and ties bundles of parts
- drills holes through layers of fabric or cuts notches in edges
- operates automatic machines which use computerised patterns
- cuts fabric using laser cutters
- may mark and cut cloth, leather or synthetic fabric into pieces to be used in vehicle trimming or upholstery
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram