2129-19 Industrial Engineer
Investigates and reviews the utilisation of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials, current operational processes and established practices, to recommend improvement in the efficiency of operations in a variety of commercial, industrial and production environments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- studies functional statements, organisational charts and project information, to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
- establishes work measurement programs and analyses work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- analyses workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data, and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- liaises with statutory bodies responsible for environmental laws
- investigates material waste, restructures job functions and recommends work area relocations and equipment purchases
- implements quality management procedures
- may develop management and other systems for job evaluation, cost analysis, financial planning and wage or salary administration
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram