4126-11 Metal Polisher
Polishes metal to impart smooth, reflective or other finishes.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- polishes and buffs sheet and other metal using processes such as emery buffing, grease mopping, burnishing and scratch brushing
- selects continuous abrasive bands or polishing heads, such as wire brushes, wheels or bobs of felt, leather or fibre, or polishing mops of calico, cotton or chamois
- positions and attaches polishing heads to machines
- sets controls to regulate speeds and angles of polishing heads and feed rate of lubricants
- dresses polishing heads with abrasives or finishing materials such as emery, grease or rouge, or applies buffing compounds to surfaces to be polished
- operates controls to rotate polishing heads
- holds surfaces against polishing heads until desired finishes are obtained
- removes imperfections or polishes less accessible areas by hand
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram