4126-13 Electroplater (First Class)
Controls plating processes and maintains solutions used to coat metal articles or other parts with non-ferrous metals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- prepares and maintains plating solutions
- cleans, prepares and descales surfaces of parts or articles with cleaning solutions such as acids or alkalis or by using blasting cabinets
- masks areas not to be plated with waxes, lacquers or resistant adhesive tapes
- places parts in fixtures, jigs or racks and immerses them in plating solutions or uses procedures such as selective brush plating
- sets and adjusts controls to pass electric current between anodes and cathodes
- examines articles or parts to check progress of plating and monitor quality of finish
- checks instruments and adjusts current flow
- adds water or other materials to maintain mixture and level of cleaning, rinsing and plating solutions
- removes parts or articles at completion of plating and rinses and dries them
- removes masking substances from articles
- may work to military or manufacturing specifications and work on such items as telecommunications components, printed circuitry, aircraft engine components and gravure printing cylinders
- may undertake high level electroforming and anodising operations
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram