2126-11 Mechanical Engineer
Plans, designs, organises and oversees the assembly, erection, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- designs mechanical equipment, machinery, components, products for manufacture; and plant and systems for construction
- develops specifications for manufacture, determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant or systems
- organises and manages project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- establishes detailed programs for the coordination of project activities
- sets up work control systems to ensure that standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met
- administers contracts and verifies and certifies satisfactory completion
- supervises the functioning of manufacturing process plants such as coal handling installations, power station steam generating systems, and sewerage and water supply pumping stations
- supervises in consultation with other engineers the testing and commissioning of completed works
- may specialise in research in areas such as utilisation of energy, materials handling, thermodynamic processes, fluid mechanics and environmental controls
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram