UNIT GROUP 2126 MECHANICAL, PRODUCTION AND PLANT ENGINEERS
MECHANICAL, PRODUCTION AND PLANT ENGINEERS design, organise and oversee the construction, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations and establish programs for the coordination of manufacturing activities.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- designing mechanical equipment, machinery, components, products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction
- developing specifications for manufacture, determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant or systems
- organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- establishing detailed programs for the coordination of manufacturing activities
- establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance, according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- inspecting plant regularly to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- directing the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment and coordinating the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules
- preparing contracts and specifications for construction and facility acquisitions, administering contracts, verifying and certifying satisfactory completion
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram