2126-13 Production or Plant Engineer
Plans, directs and coordinates the design, construction, modification, continued performance and maintenance of equipment and machinery in industrial plants and the management and planning of manufacturing activities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- establishes standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance, according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- inspects plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- directs the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment and coordinates the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules
- prepares contracts and specifications for construction and facility acquisitions
- schedules and plans production activities
- tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure compliance with requirements and specifications
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram