2221-17 Advertising Specialist
Plans, develops, coordinates and implements campaigns to inform the organisation's target market of the merits of purchasing particular products, services and buying from the organisation in general.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans, develops and organises advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advises executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creates consumer awareness and effectively promotes the attributes of products and services
- gives or takes briefings on the advertising goals for a product or range of products, incorporating instruments such as logos, jingles, packaging, store signs, billboards and sales leaflets
- coordinates advertising campaign production within time and budget constraints, involving various specialised activities such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement
- evaluates advertising projects, including quality control and subsequent market reach and sales effectiveness
- liaises with various participants in the advertising industry to maintain an awareness of relevant developments and trends, and assess their impact on specific products or services
- contributes to publicity, promotions and public relations activities supporting advertising campaigns